Welcome to my world!

No race can prosper till it learns that there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem.



Friday, June 22, 2012

Pre-mission feelings :)




Well, my mission call finally got here and I finally know when and where I'm going :) I seriously couldn't be happier, I've been waiting for this 6 years and it's finally here. This pictures were before I opened it. I opened the box mail at 3:50pm on Thursday June 21st, 2012 but I had to wait to open it until 9pm (same day) It was tough the waiting, it was a big temptation having it just right next to me and having to wait some hours to open it but I waited, I wanted my whole family to be there, my friends and the missionaries. It was a very special night and it is something I will never forget :)

But well, when I finally opened it...this is what I read: 


I WILL SERVE IN CALIFORNIA, SANTA ROSA MISSION (SPANISH SPEAKING) and I'm leaving on SEPTEMBER 11th.

YAY!!!!!!

I am really happy, the only thing is that I have to wait like 2 more months and that will be a little tough and I'm pretty sure it might seem an eternity for me, but at the same time I am thankful because that means that I have more time to get more prepared and to spend more time with my family and friends :)

The night I opened my mission call, my family from Mexico were in facebook waiting for my mission call to be read, my uncle Benito (who is a returned missionary, the 1st one in our family) was watching me by camera and when I opened it he told me a few words that just really made me want to cry, he got emotional too and he did cry. 

Well, I just want to say that I'm very happy. That I feel with a big responsibility right now and that I really want to be a good missionary and just really love the people I'm going to serve, and just do everything the Savior would do if He was in my place! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment